Thanks for running the 2019 Electric Bolt with us!
We are still cleaning up. Still disappointed about porta-pot glitch, but we will get over it.
Here are the current results – please do let us know if you see any errors or have any questions!
Check out our photos from the Cascades (more to come from the finish line photographer as well – watch Facebook…)
Keep up with all the details via our ELECTRIC BOLT FACEBOOK PAGE!
• NEW medal design – one for every finisher, as always!
• Excellent, high-quality T-shirts, as usual… order one to guarantee yours.
• Great support for Saturday packet pickup and on race day from Ann Arbor Running Company in Kerrytown!
• A guide for walkers!
• CROWDRISE FUNDRAISING TOOL (watch this space for link… this really helps boost our research donation!)
• Sunday, July 28th, 2019
• Packet Pick-up at the START at RIVERSIDE PARK beginning at 6:30am!
• Visit this link for Directions, PARKING SUGGESTIONS, and other tips
• 7:45am 8K/5K Race Start
• 7:15am 5K Walk Start (untimed)
• EARLY PACKET PICKUP (if you register by 5pm FRIDAY) on SATURDAY, JULY 27th, 1pm-4pm at:
Ann Arbor Running Company
200 N Fourth
Ann Arbor, Michigan
• Beautiful race courses along the Huron River, finishing in the heart of Kerrytown in the Farmer’s Market area.
• 700 Registrant Limit
• OPTIONAL shirts will be high-quality, soft fabric – very wearable! (design is currently TBD)
• Way Early online registration until June 2nd, 9pm: $18 race; $13.00 for shirts
• Early online registration until July 3rd, 9pm: $20 race; $13.00 for shirts
• On-time online registration until July 23rd, 9pm: $22 race; $13.00 for shirts
• WAY Late online registration until July 27th, 1pm: $23 race; $13.00 for shirts
• Late registration and RACE WEEKEND PACKET-PICKUP: $25 race; $15.00 for shirts
• Order shirts by Friday night, July 19th, to be guaranteed a shirt. We’ll try hard to order enough for later registrants, but some sizes will run out! Limited shirt quantities may be available race day.
• Awards:Newly designed, custom finisher medals for all 700 registrants! Special prizes for overall male & female winners; custom age group awards for adults and youth
• All net proceeds from the run will benefit research centers aggressively seeking a cure or effective treatment for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
• Please join us immediately following the run for post-race Popsicles, cookies, chocolate milk, coffee, other typical race fare goodies and awards!
• We can always use more volunteers to keep everything running so smoothly! Sign up here if you can’t run! ELECTRIC BOLT VOLUNTEER SIGNUP
• Visit this link for directions to the start, Race Day PARKING SUGGESTIONS, and other tips
Run the race, or run remotely with us! Overall, last year’s race netted more than $10,000 for ALS research. Thanks to our primary sponsors, the Electrical Training Alliance and the American Technical Publishers, who make this picturesque race possible. Thanks also to: Ann Arbor Track Club; IBEW Local 639 San Luis Obispo; National Electrical Contractors Association Monterey Bay; Black Diesel Coffee; Physical Therapy in Motion; and Zingerman’s. Many thanks to Ann Arbor Running Company for hosting packet pick up and helping to promote the race. You can check out photos from the run here and the Argo Dam and Finish Line here.
REMOTE RUNNERS OR DONORS NEEDED! Even if you cannot run on race day, you can still make a real difference! We love our remote supporters! Do you know anyone from one of the places we haven’t touched yet who might get out and run or walk or donate in affiliation with our race/fundraiser for ALS? (see the big blue box below). We’ve reached 17 states and one other country so far (thanks largely to Team Jerri and Team Schoeni)… Do you know runners or ALS-touched people in Florida, Arizona, New York… North and South Dakota… Alaska? Maine? Here is the link to signup/donate: REMOTE SUPPORTER FORM
Here is the Remote Supporter map (so far!):
This year’s races will again be held on the same courses near Argo pond along the Huron River as in 2014 through 2017. The races start in Riverside Park next to the Huron River, run through Argo and Bandemer Parks, and eventually finish in Kerrytown. The races now finish in the heart of Kerrytown on North 4th Street at the location of the Farmer’s Market, next to the outdoor Artisan’s Market and Braun Court, near Zingerman’s and Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea. The main race is an 8K (4.97 miles), but a 5K run and 5K walk are also options. Check out the course maps here: Electric Bolt Course Maps. .
GETTING TO THE RACE: Visit this page or follow us on Facebook for DIRECTIONS, PARKING TIPS AND OTHER SUGGESTIONS
Brought to you by the Electrical Training Alliance and the Ann Arbor Track Club. Get active and fight Lou Gehrig’s Disease with Ann Arbor Active Against ALS!
The finest electrical workers in the country receive their training through the Electrical Training Alliance of National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). In the past, participants of the ETA’s National Training Institute have also raised money for Food Gatherers and participated in Habitat for Humanity projects while in Ann Arbor. A few years ago, they generously chose to help fight ALS with Active Against ALS while in town for the training. As the years have gone on, their support has grown along with the race participation!
From Active Against ALS and these other non-profits, we wish to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to the Electrical Training Alliance and their NTI participants! Welcome – and thank you to the Electrical Training Alliance!
Check out these 2018 medals…
Electric Bolt 2014 Course Video (Note: the grass-crossing at the start was eliminated in recent years, and the finish is now in Kerrytown!)
Questions about the run? Email [email protected].
Please support and thank our wonderful sponsors!