Thank you to everyone who joined us on April 10, 2022 for the 11th Box Car Derby, and thank you to the Phi Delta Theta fraternity at the University of Michigan for your support! A great time was had by all as we “fundraced” for ALS!
THREE RACE DIVISIONS:
• 9 and Under Classic Car division (ages 5-9)
• Open Classic Car division (ages 10+)
• Big Kid division, bigger box cars (ages 15+ including adults)
Trophies to Top Finishers, Runner-up and Best-Decorated in each division.
BOX CAR DETAILS:
• Classic Box Cars – BUILD, PRE-BUILT, or BORROW:
available for the 9 and Under and Open divisions while supplies last – Build your own from a kit ($60), paint and race a Pre-Built box car ($60), or borrow one at the event (free!).
• Big Kid Box Cars – BUILD, PRE-BUILT, RENT or BORROW:
available for the Big Kid division (ages 15+ including adults) — bigger, faster cars with sweet rims to really cruise at the Big House! Build your own from a kit ($100), paint and race a Pre-Built box car ($100), or borrow one at the event (free!).
Watch the 2018 Box Car Derby Promo Video:
THANK YOU to OUR SPONSORS !
Watch the 2016 Box Car Derby Highlight Video:
Put together your own box car from one of our kits!
Click on image above to see more!
DESIGN & BUILD YOUR OWN BOX CAR REQUIREMENTS:
safety and starting ramp requirements for ALL cars (new and veteran):
- WIDTH: maximum 28” (2016 change)
- LENGTH: maximum 48”
- WEIGHT: no more than 50 lbs.
- 4 WHEELS: 9 & Under and Open divisions – 6″ maximum diameter (recommend ball bearing wheels).
- 4 WHEELS: Big Kid division – 12″ maximum diameter.
- STEERING: The course is straight – limited steering is recommended.
Good luck building!
2014/15/16 Derby Winner CHALLENGE! View the video:
Contact us at [email protected].