Boxcar Derby News
Watch the 2018 Boxcar Derby Promo Video:
THANK YOU 2018 Sponsors!
Gold Cup Level:
Silver Cup Level:
THREE RACE DIVISIONS:
• 9 and Under Classic Car division (ages 5-9)
• Open Classic Car division (ages 10+)
• Big Kid division, bigger boxcars (ages 16+ including adults)
Trophies to Top Finishers, Runner-up and Best-Decorated in each division.
• Classic Boxcars – BUILD, PRE-BUILT, or BORROW:
available for the 9 and Under and Open divisions while supplies last – Build your own from a kit ($40), paint and race a Pre-Built boxcar ($40), or borrow one at the event.
• Big Kid Boxcars – BUILD, PRE-BUILT, RENT or BORROW:
available for the Big Kid division (ages 16+ including adults) — bigger, faster cars with sweet rims to really cruise at the Big House! Build your own from a kit ($60), paint and race a Pre-Built boxcar ($60), Rent a boxcar ($30), or borrow one at the event.
Watch the 2016 Boxcar Derby Highlight Video:
Put together your own boxcar from one of our kits!
Click on image above to see more!
DESIGN & BUILD YOUR OWN BOXCAR REQUIREMENTS:
safety and starting ramp requirements for ALL cars (new and veteran):
- WIDTH: maximum 28” (2016 change)
- LENGTH: maximum 48”
- WEIGHT: no more than 50 lbs.
- 4 WHEELS: 9 & Under and Open divisions – 6″ maximum diameter (recommend ball bearing wheels).
- 4 WHEELS: Big Kid division – 12″ maximum diameter.
- STEERING: The course is straight – limited steering is recommended.
Good luck building!
2014/15/16 Derby Winner CHALLENGE! View the video:
Contact us at [email protected].