4th Annual Stadium to Stadium Rivalry Ride for ALS
Thank You Rivalry Ride 2015!
Very early in the morning on October 17, 2015 nearly twenty bike riders boarded a bus from Ann Arbor to E. Lansing for the 4thAnnual Rivalry Ride. We started our bike ride at Spartan Stadium (while serenaded by the MSU Marching Band practicing for the big game) and rode over 65 miles on a cold, but beautiful, late fall day to Michigan Stadium.
Thanks to all the bike riders, van drivers, and those who donated to help us raise over $4,700 for Ann Arbor Active Against ALS.
Please join us on October 29, 2016 when we bike from Michigan Stadium to Spartan Stadium! Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Rivalry Ride 2015
Join us on Michigan-MSU game day, October 17th, for our 4th Annual ride between Spartan Stadium in East Lansing and the Big House in Ann Arbor! This year, we have transportation to get riders and their bikes from Ann Arbor to East Lansing – and then we will all ride back to Ann Arbor to a special tailgate party for the Rivalry Riders!
- Date: Saturday, October 17
- Fees: $30 will cover your shirt, lunch, and tailgate munchies and drinks.
- $10 extra for OPTIONAL rider and bus transport from Ann Arbor to East Lansing – this will be a great way to go!
- Ann Arbor Bus to East Lansing Departure Time: 6:00am in Ann Arbor (location TBD) for those riding the bus to East Lansing
- Route: Paper, PDF file, and online versions of maps will be provided. The route is roughly 65 miles, mostly on paved, flat country roads – though some hard packed gravel roads are included on the official route – road bikes have had no trouble in the past.
- Food: Lunch at roughly halfway (in Stockbridge) will be included, plus there will be a stop for cider and doughnuts in Dexter – and a game day tailgate! Riders may wish to bring their own on-bike snacks and cash for other stops.
- Shirts: Comfy commemorative printed RIVALRY RIDE T-Shirts will be INCLUDED as special mementos – stay tuned for design…
- Transportation: Details are being finalized for Ann Arbor to East Lansing transport for riders and bikes. Riders from the Lansing area may wish to arrange their own transportation back to Spartan Stadium from Ann Arbor after the football game.
- Ride Start: The main group start will be at 7:15am at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing. People arranging their own transportation or meeting us along the way to ride only part of the ride are welcome – make sure you provide an email so we can work out and communicate all of those details! We do hope that partial route riders will wait at the halfway point or other location until the first full route riders arrive. Please coordinate with us – thank you!
Sam Sugerman and his family and friends started this ride back in 2012 and it has grown ever since!
Please SHARE THE SIGN UP/DONATION LINK to help raise funds for ALS! Get your friends and family to CONTRIBUTE and/or JOIN US for all or part of the ride from Spartan Stadium to the Big House for the 4th Annual Rivalry Ride!!!
If you can’t be there, please consider making a Donation (100% of donations will be given to ALS research) to Active Against ALS .
Are you planning to ride? Want more info? Need a map? Email Gayle, Andy, or Joel at [email protected].
Thank you for your support!